Friday

09 - Aug - 2012


Song: 40 Day Dream by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes


I don't do enough of the things that I love, like taking photos, journaling, or finding time to read a good book. I figure that the only way to change that is to set a goal to do so! This is my collection of books to conquer over the fall and winter seasons!

1. "Tell-All" by Chuck Palahniuk - I bought this book as soon as it was released in paperback because Chuck P. is one of my favorite authors, and I have yet to make the time to sit down with it. So on the list it goes.

2. "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen - This will be a re-read, but I bought a new copy and I am excited to break it in.

3. "A Moveable Feast" by Ernest Hemingway - This was purchased a few months ago while I was on a Hemingway kick... and it has sat on my bookshelf ever since.

4. "Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain" by Charles R. Cross - I am a huge fan of Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, and biographies, so I am particularly excited to start this one.

5. "Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin - I have to confess; even though this book is great, I have been working  away at finishing it for months! It is just one of those books that I have to read in complete silence with no distractions, thus I cannot read it pretty much anywhere at any time, ha ha!

6. "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern - This is the book that I am currently reading. I struggle with feeling guilty when I choose to read a book for pleasure instead of for work or study, but when I saw this recommendation on Everyday Emma, I got myself a copy the next day. I still find it hard to make time to read it but it is super good!


I don't know at what point I stopped reading and enjoying the other hobbies that I have always loved. But I am realizing now how much I miss those things, and how much I took that time for granted! I hope that I can find a way soon to balance out my work-life and my me-time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Message